Please contact us for pricing
The TruFlux FS1 is a new concept in Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) tank floor plate inspection, incorporating a new level of user sophistication in its innovative design. The FS1 has the benefits of advanced features and practicality.
The FS1 is a fully self-propelled high-resolution digital scanner, capable of producing highly accurate topographical images of 6-12mm storage tank floor plates. Particular attention has been paid to the mechanical design of the FS1. Notably in its physical size, the FS1 weighs just 32kg inclusive of its slip-in-slip-out lithium ion battery pack. Yet with its advanced design, no functionality has been compromised; in fact, significant advancements in floor plate inspection have been incorporated into the FS1 system design. The TruFlux FS1 system is easy to use and highly practical. The FS1 folds down into a locked transport position, with the operation of just one lever. With its reduced physical size and lower weight, handling and set-up require little effort.
- Efficient and Effective Mechanical Design
- Superior Resolution (5.2mm x 1mm)
- Lightweight – 32kg including battery
- Easy to Transport – Total shipping weight under 60kg (not including the laptop)
- Efficient Reporting via the PC Laptop or USB
- Unique Damping System Provides Easy Lift-off
- High-resolution optical encoder (positional accuracy of ± 1mm over a 20-meter scan track)
- Fast track-to-track scanning images – All file and directory handling is produced automatically, resulting in significantly faster track-to-track scanning speed
- USB Connectivity meaning that the TruFlux effectively works as a simple “plug-and-play” unit.
- Off the Shelf Battery Technology
The FS1 incorporates a damping system designed to alleviate the usual high forces required to break magnetic contact. The active damping system controls the scanner lift-off and placement in one easily controlled motion, greatly reducing any high levels of mechanical loading. The DAQ Software has been developed for both touch-screen and standard pc applications. With fast control function set-up allowing less operator inputs per scan, resulting in faster plate scan time. Auto-hierarchical directory construction eliminates possible overwrites or “non-save” issues. It is well documented that for this type of magnetic flux leakage technique, speed variations whilst scanning cause adverse effects on data quality. TruFlux employs a proprietary Speed Compensation Algorithm to help remove spurious indications arising from this anomaly. In addition all scanning speeds are cross-correlated back to the calibration and kept within controlled margins. Particular attention has been paid to data acquisition, data handling and communication protocols. The entire electronics package is housed within the fully ruggedized scan-head enclosure, powered only by the USB; effectively the FS1 has become a simple plug-and-play device. This greatly improves site reliability, as complex electronics and connectivity are susceptible within harsh environments.
Download the TRFLUX FS1 brochure: Truflux Tank Floor Scanner brochure download