Please contact us for pricing
The ether SigmaCheck 2 Eddy Current Conductivity Meter is designed to give accurate conductivity measurements while offering the user the very best in reliability, usability, technology and cost-effectiveness.
The instrument is extremely user friendly and can just as easily be operated by a semi-skilled operator as by experts. It will be equally at home in the aerospace, metals processing, casting, maintenance and quality assurance industries as well as appealing to Heat Treatment Specialists and those determining the purity of materials such as gold bullion and coins.
- Material verification/sorting
- Heat treatment verification
- Heat or fire damage investigation
- Lightning damage investigation.
- Material ageing assessment.
- Measuring phosphor content of Cu alloys
- Monitoring of deposition process for non-ferrous material on a non-ferrous substrate
- Monitoring the condition of highly stressed parts
- Forged/plated material verification.
- Non-conductive coating thickness measurement.
- Determining the purity/composition of materials – i.e. gold bullion and coins.
- Aircrafts structures e.g. Paint thickness measurement
- Assessment of ageing of alloys.
- High resolution colour display (2.8”/71mm, 320 pixels by 240 pixels)
- Lock down features and settings for basic operator mode
- Accurate conductivity range (0.5% IACS to 110% IACS, 0.28-64 Ms/m)
- Wide range of frequencies for testng thin materials (60kHz, 120kHz, 240kHz, 480kHz) Option of 960kHz
- Non-conductive coating thickness
- Measurement display up to 0.5mm
- Lightweight (350 grams / 12 oz). Ergonomic slim-line case design and easy to hold probe with adjustable finger-grip
- Two-year warranty on instrument (excludes batteries)
- User programmable display
- 2GB of data storage. Able to store over one million data points
- Uploaded data can be viewed using MS Excel
- Intelligent charger via USB Port
- Multiple languages available. e.g. English, German, French, Spanish
- Excellent resistance to “edge effect”
- Rapid Display of Conductivity Results
- Battery life (up to 9 hours)
- Firmware can be upgraded in field
- Different probes may be configured by loading the appropriate probe map from SD Card
- Real-time clock for time and date so that readings can be “time stamped”
- Real-time PC control via USB or optional RS232 link
- Inspection Technology: Eddy Current
- Operating Frequencies: 60 kHz, 120 kHz, 240 kHz, 480 kHz. Option of 960 kHz
- Conductivity Range: 0.5 % IACS to 110 % IACS, 0.28-64 MS/m
- Accuracy: Probe must be in thermal equilibrium with test material, and instrument and probe stabilized prior to testing. Minimum 15-minute warm up time for stabilisation. At 20°C: 0-20% IACS: ± 0.05 IACS, at 20°C: >20% IACS ± 0.25% of readout
- Display Resolution: Up to 3 decimal places
- Lift Off: 13 mm probe compensated to 0.020” (0.5mm), 7 mm probe compensated to 0.010” (0.25 mm)
- Temperature Measurement: In-probe sensor (accurate to 0.5 °C) Range 0 °C to + 50 °C
- Automatic Temperature Compensation: Conductivity measurements are corrected to the 20°C value
- Environmental Range: 0 to 95% relative humidity, 0°C to + 50°C for reliable operation
- Display: 2.8” (70mm) 320 x 240 pixels colour display. LCD with selectable backlight
- Construction & Storage: High impact, splash-proof, moulded UL94-5VA fame-retardant ABS case. Protective rubber boot to protect the unit, probes, probe cable, operator manual on USB, and removable stand
- Conductivity Standards: On top of unit. Removable for value verification, and when attached ensures thermal equilibrium
- Power: 2 x 1.5 V AA NiMH Batteries, Approx. up to 9 hrs life Recommended rechargeable batteries: Panasonic Eneloop Pro, 1.2 V min.2500 mAh or equivalent) Can also use non-rechargeable AA cells
- Size (length x width x depth): 163mm (6,4”) x 80mm (3.1”) x 25mm (1.0”)
- Weight: 350g (0.77 pounds) including batteries
- Data Logger Memory: Removable 2GB micro SD Card allowing over 1 million readings to be stored
- PC Connectivity: USB port for charger and PC communications
- Probes: 13mm diameter for 60 kHz to 480 kHz, 8mm probe operates at 60 kHz to 480 kHz. Probes are interchangeable with simple operator resetting procedure. Probes are field exchangeable and do not require return to manufacturer for calibration
There are no reviews yet.