Using the market proven JAY and JAYSON yokes as a base, Johnson & Allen have researched and developed ways of making them portable. Unwilling to retreat from this task and using DC yokes as an easy way out, Johnson & Allen sought a way of maintaining the sought after ‘skin effect’ created by AC yokes while still having the unit powered by a lightweight battery – The skin effect producing the highest levels of defect detection clarity for surface and near surface defects. The result was the ‘AC-EAZY’ Power belt; A tool-belt design that can convert 12V DC into 110V AC.
For increased comfort during long shifts, every unit is supplied with a padded shoulder strap as well.
Handheld Portable AC Electromagnet
For ease of use and increased safety Johnson & Allen fit the JAY and JAYSON with flexible curly leads and packaged them with the Powerbelts to form the JAY-PAC, JAYSON-PAC and JAYMI-PAC.
No long trailing cables and easy to store when not in use.
Wave Form Generator
The wave form generator in the JAY-PAC produces a stable supply that closely mimics a normal mains AC supply as opposed to using pulsed DC which generally gives a lower level of inspection clarity. The generator also features auto-sensing functionality which will supply the correct voltage to the yoke when loaded.
The wave form generator connects to the battery via a heavy duty snap on T connector which is quick to remove when necessary. For customers with older generation wave form generators, a T connector cable adaptor is available to connect to the latest battery.
16Ah Battery Pack
The 16Ah LiFePO4 battery included in the JAY-PAC holds enough charge for performing a typical 8 hour inspection shift while being one third of the weight of a traditional lead acid battery.
A compact high efficiency 4A charger is supplied as standard which will fully charge the battery pack in 4-6 hours – Although for operators wanting faster charges a 10A Fast Charger is available which will charge the unit in 2-3 hours.
The battery pack also features a fuel gauge function so operators can check the remaining charge left in the battery with a single press of a button without having to disconnect the battery or removing it from its pouch.
The unit is completely sealed and is waterproof to IP64 making it suitable for offshore applications too. Additional safety features include overcharge, thermal, over-current and short circuit protection with the battery pack conforming to standard UN 38.3 – The ONLY relevant standard for batteries of this type.
Can work with other brands of NDT yokes
For customers with existing mains powered yokes the AC ‘EAZY’ Powerbelt can be supplied by itself (without a yoke) and with a 110V female adaptor upon request when ordering – The AC ‘EAZY’ Powerbelt will power most other brands of yoke with similar current requirements to our own.
Replacement parts also available.
AC ‘EAZY’ Powerbelt Includes
- 1 x Wave form generator – Converts 12 DC to 110V AC.
- 1 x 16Ah Lithium battery.
- 1 x 4A battery charger.
- 1 x Leather belt– 2″ Thick.
- 1 x Inverter-battery double pouch.
- 1 x Yoke holder – Velcro strap for quick use.
- 2 x Aerosol holders.
- 1 x Shoulder strap – Includes 2 eyelets.
- 1 x Durable carry case with foam inserts
Additional Product Data
- Can be supplied with a JAY, JAYSON or JAYMI yoke.
- Complete JAY-PAC weighs 7.5 kg – Powerbelt + Yoke.
- Powerbelt available without yoke – 110V female adaptor accepts other similar types of yokes.
- Thick steeple jack type leather belt – Incredible hard wearing with a long product life.
- Battery holds enough charge for a full 8 hour shift on a single charge.
- Auto-sensing mode – Supplies correct voltage when the yoke is loaded.
- Additional pouches available.
- Ideal for rope access, working at heights or work in the field.